Quick and reliable detection of carbon dioxide in the ambient air: the microprocessor-based Polytron 8720 transmitter, which contains a new, innovative IR sensor with drift-free optics, can also be integrated into your digital fieldbus system, thus providing additional diagnostic functions.
Simple Instrument Management Thanks to Digital Communication
With its HART® ability, the Draeger Polytron 8720 allows remote access using the Draeger PolySoft 8000 software for the quick and convenient evaluation of the instrument status. Integration in existing management systems (e.g. PactWare) is also possible using DTM. In addition, fieldbus systems such as Foundation Fieldbus or Profibus are supported by corresponding interfaces.
Efficient, Stable, and Robust – Draeger PIR 7200
With short response times and a high signal stability, the Draeger PIR 7200 offers a high degree of safety – thanks to an extremely light-efficient optics with a 4-beam signal-stabilizing system. Another advantage is its low sensitivity to dust, dirt deposits or insects on the optical surfaces in the measuring cuvette, while offering a drift-free output signal and longer maintenance intervals.
Proven – And Still Getting Better: Draeger Measurment Technology
Draeger has been developing and manufacturing sensors and gas detectors for industrial use for more than 40 years. And with each new device generation, we drive our measurement technology a bit further. With the Polytron 8720, you will definitely benefit from this experience and power of innovation. Its DraegerSensor is based on an open, double-compensated optical infrared system.
Same design, same operating principle: The Polytron 8000 series
The Draeger Polytron 8720 is part of the Polytron 8000 series. All transmitters of this series have the same design and user interface, which guarantees a uniform operating philosophy. Your advantage: less training requirement and easier maintenance.
Other Transmitters of the Polytron 8000-Series:
- Draeger Polytron 8000 (EC stationary gas detector)
- Draeger Polytron 8200 (CatEx stationary gas detector)
- Draeger Polytron 8310 (DSIR stationary gas detector)
- Draeger Polytron 8700 (PIR 7000 stationary gas detector)
Optional: Three Relays for Controlling External Equipment
On request, the Draeger Polytron 8720 can be supplied with three integrated relays. This enables you to use it as an independent gas detection system with two arbitrarily adjustable concentration alarms and one fault alarm. Audio alarms, signal lights, or similar devices can, thus, be controlled locally – without an additional cable between the transmitter and a central controller. The sensor signal can be evaluated using the 4 to 20 mA signal.
Optional: Two Mounting Sets for Easy Flange-Mounting
The housing has four mounting holes. Two different mounting sets are available for installing the Polytron 8720: a duct-mount and a pipe-mount set. This means that the transmitter can be easily installed anywhere – e.g., on a smooth wall, a pipe or an exhaust duct.
Quick And Easy Wiring
The electronics and the bezel form a single unit. Simply pull them out of the housing. Then insert the three-wire cable into the terminals – either through the Ex-e cable gland or through the seal on the conduit. Finally, plug the terminal block into the PCB.
- Easy and cost-effective: one-man calibration
- Available as flameproof or increased safety version
- Aluminium or 316 L stainless steel housing for the most extreme industrial conditions
- Extremely user-friendly software thanks to a minimum number of menu items
- Backlit display: easy to read, even in the dark and without a flash light
- Traffic light status indicator (green = no danger, yellow = error, flashing red = gas alarm)
- Beam block warning signal if the optics are heavily contaminated
- Measuring ranges in the ppm and Vol.% range
- Matrix display allows the flexible setting of measuring ranges and units
- SIL 2 certified by the German TÜV Süd
- Additional Information
Literature Polytron.8720.lit.ETA.0513.pdf Download2 No Download3 No Send inquiry? Yes