Quick and reliable detection of combustible gases and vapors in the ambient air: the microprocessor-based Polytron 8700 transmitter, which contains a neww, innovative IR sensor with drift-free and resistant optics,can salso be integrated into your digital fieldbus system, thus providing additional diagnostic functions.
Simple Instrument Management Thanks to Digital Communication
With its HART® ability, the Draeger Polytron 8700 allows remote access using the Draeger PolySoft 8000 software for the quick and convenient evaluation of the instrument status. Integration in existing management systems (e.g. PactWare) is also possible using DTM. In addition, fieldbus systems such as Foundation Fieldbus or Profibus are supported by corresponding interfaces.
Efficient, Stable, and Robust
Draeger PIR 7000
With short response times and a high signal stability, the Draeger PIR 7000 offers a high degree of safety – thanks to an extremely light-ef.cient optics with a 4-beam signal-stabilizing system. Another advantage is its low sensitivity to dust or dirt deposits on the optical surfaces and to insects in the measuring cuvette, while offering a drift-free output signal and longer maintenance intervals.
Proven - And Still Getting Better: Draeger Measurement Technology
Draeger has been developing and manufacturing sensors and gas detectors for industrial use for more than 40 years. And with each new device generation, we drive our measurement technology a bit further. With the Polytron 8700, you will de.nitely bene.t from this experience and power of innovation. Its sensors are based on an open, double-compensated optical infrared system.
Same design, same operating principle: The Polytron 8000 series
The Draeger Polytron 8700 is part of the Polytron 8000 series. All transmitters of this series have the same design and user interface, which guarantees a uniform operating philosophy. Your advantage: less training requirement and easier maintenance.
Other transmitters of the Polytron 8000 series:
- Draeger Polytron 8000 (EC stationary gas detector)
- Draeger Polytron 8200 (CatEx stationary gas detector)
- Draeger Polytron 8310 (DSIR stationary gas detector)
- Draeger Polytron 8720 (PIR 7200 stationary gas detector)
Draeger Polytron 8000
- XP housing, Aluminum or Stainless steel
- Large backlit display
- Non intrusive calibration & setup
Library Containing Up to 100 Gases (Types 334 and 340)
Each of the gases listed there can, for example, be cross-calibrated with vapours and preset gases, such as methane or propane. All calculations and linearisations are performed automatically.
Optional: Three Relays for Controlling External Equipment
On request, the Dräger Polytron 8700 can be equipped with three integrated relays. This enables you to use it as an independent gas detection system with two arbitrarily adjustable concentration alarms and one fault alarm. Audio alarms, signal lights, or similar devices can, thus, be controlled locally – without an additional cable between the transmitter and a central controller. The sensor signal can be evaluated using the 4 to 20 mA signal.
Optional: Two Mounting Sets For Easy Flange-Mounting
The housing has four mounting holes. Two different mounting sets are available for installing the Polytron 8700: a duct-mount and a pipe-mount set. This means that the transmitter can be easily installed anywhere – e.g., on a smooth wall, a pipe or an exhaust duct.
- Easy and cost-effective: one-man calibration
- Quick and easy wiring
- Available as flameproof or increased safety version
- Aluminium or 316 L stainless steel housing for the most extreme industrial conditions
- Extremely user-friendly software thanks to a minimum number of menu items
- Backlit display: easy to read, even in the dark and without a flash light
- Traffic light status indicator (green = no danger, yellow = error, flashing red = gas alarm)
- Beam block warning signal if the optics are heavily contaminated
- Measuring ranges in the ppm, %LEL and Vol% range
- Matrix display allows the flexible setting of measuring ranges and units
- SIL 2 certified by the German TÜV Süd
- Additional Information
Literature Polytron8700.pdf Download2 Polytron8700-with-relays.pdf Download3 No Send inquiry? Yes