- Transmit process data from safe or explosive hazardous areas by connecting binary and analog sensors and actuators to the control system via a bus interface.
- Put I/O modules close to the field devices.
- Reduce cost of wiring and installation - field units can be installed in a decentralized location inside hazardous areas while monitored from a control room.
- Connect 4 mA … 20 mA devices to remote I/O, including water flow transmitters, valve positioners, pressure transducers, temperature transmitter, thermocouples, resistance temperature detectors (RTDs), mechanical contacts, and visual or audible alarms.
- Compatible with network protocols like: PROFIBUS DP, MODBUS RTU, MODBUS TCP/IP, FOUNDATION Fieldbus H1
- Certified for mounting in Zone 1, placing the remote I/O system close to field devices.
- Allows interface signals from the field to a control system located in the non-hazardous area via Ex i or Ex e field connections.
- FB remote I/O systems are installed in an enclosure - glass fiber reinforced polyester (GRP), fiberglass, or stainless steel.
- Pepperl+Fuchs offers complete remote I/O solutions, including fully certified enclosures with built-in systems and components.
LB/Zone 2, Class I/Div 2
- LB remote I/O is certified for mounting in Zone 2, Class I/Div. 2 explosion-hazardous areas.
- Allows interface signals from the field to a control system in the non-hazardous area via Non-Ex or Ex i connections.
- Both circuit types can be mixed in one system.
- LB remote I/O system is plugged into a backplane.