- WirelessHART offers a cost efficient solution. Measured values become available on a regular basis, which leads to increased quality and more economical operation of process plants.
- In a WirelessHART based network, every participating device simultaneously works as a signal source and a repeater. Through the routing of the individual signals across the entire network, a wide network structure becomes possible.
- Pepperl+Fuchs offers several modules to connect sensors to a control system or asset management system with a wireless network. These WirelessHART products support the installation of field devices from different manufacturers without the need for additional wiring effort and costs. A reliable, interference-free communication is established with the following components.
- The WirelessHART Gateways are the core elements of a WirelessHART Network.
- The Network Manager determines the best primary and alternative paths between the single wireless sensors. It also determines which sensor is allowed to send a message on a specific channel. Network wireless communication is organized and optimized to provide the best performance in terms of speed, throughput, and energy consumption.
- The WirelessHART gateways provide the connection to DCS or Asset management systems with an Ethernet and RS485 interface, which can transfer data via HART or MODBUS protocol.
- The integration in DCS or AMS is done via DTM or DD.
- The Pepperl+Fuchs gateways offer:
- Easy to understand network diagnostics via web interface
- Free choice of control system manufacturer
- Flexible Modbus Mapping Generator for fast commissioning
- WirelessHART adapters can be connected to every conventional HART or 4 mA … 20 mA field device directly or with a short cable. They read the data of the field device via HART or translate the 4 mA … 20 mA signal to a digital value and transmit the data to the WirelessHART network. These highly flexible solutions turn every field device into a WirelessHART field device.
- The WirelessHART Temperature Converter provides two connections for temperature sensors (RTDs and TCs) and transmits the values directly into the network. The temperature converter is battery powered and also serves as a permanent router. Through user configured time intervals, the temperature measurements are performed and sent via the internal antenna. Depending on measurement intervals, battery life can last for years.