The 909 is specifically configured for monitoring stack emissions on a mass rate basis. It measures stack effluent temperature and velocity in addition to pollutant concentration at stack conditions, enabling mass emission rates to be reported. With the addition of an optional zirconium oxide sensor, the 909 is capable of monitoring oxygen.
The 909 is a very robust and reliable analyzer. Its no-moving-parts, UV-based measurements do not suffer from H2O and CO2 interference. This greatly simplifies sample handling and sample integrity as there is no need for sample drying. As a fully extractive, heated wet basis analyzer, the 909s sample system components are simply heated above the dew point of the sample gas. This results in a simpler and more accurate calculation of gas concentrations, requiring no corrections for condensed and dissolved components.
- High reliability and reduced maintenance requirements through a no-moving-parts-design
- Hot/wet analysis prevents errors associated with:
- Correcting for water vapor
- Absorption losses in driers
- Accuracy better than 2.5 ppm SO2
- Able to measure SO2, NO, NO2, H2S, NH3 or a number of other chemicals
- No H2O or CO2 interference
- Automated zero and span gas calibration
- Provides serial interface with plant DCS
- Incorporates flow measurement for emission rate calculations.